Rocket Science Scale: 1 – I made it up as I went along
So I really think recipe making is just having leftover ingredients and trying to make something edible out of them. I seem to always get more than enough ingredients for the recipes I plan on making and then are left with just a tiny bit extra.
And then I just try throw it all together and call it a meal. Which is what happened this past weekend when I realized my eggs were getting ready to expire. And that I had leftover sausage from a soup I made. Plus some bread. Which lead to what I calling Made Up Brunch, where I tried to make a fancy meal and just ended up putting it on a plate and letting the runny yolks make a mess.
So here’s another original recipe by me! It’s also my first entry into the Breakfast/Brunch tab I created forever ago. And then promptly ignored as I didn’t feel that any of my breakfast recipes were that great. But THIS IS. I’d recommend if you don’t like sausage, to use bacon instead. This might also be better with a bowl instead of a plate so everything mixes at the bottom. No matter what you make, Enjoy it!
Made Up Brunch (aka Toast, Fried Eggs, Sausage, Onions and Spinach)
Made by Me!
Serves 1 if you want a big breakfast.
- I used two pieces of fresh baked bread and cut them in half.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 of an onion
- Spinach! As much as you want to eat.
- 1 sausage link
- Salt, Pepper and I also used some red pepper flakes.
1. Cook your sausage in a small skillet until it’s nice and browned.
2. Next cook your onions until soft about 5 minutes. I used a fresh layer of cooking spray every time I put something new in my small skillet.
3. Wilt the spinach. Also now would be a good time to toast your bread.
4. Now since everything else has been cooked, the pan is nice and hot for a fried egg! Put a new layer of cooking spray and crack the egg in the skillet. You should see it instantly start cooking.
5. And now cook the other egg, if you want two. But otherwise, stack all the ingredients on a plate (or a large bowl) and mix together. I swear I spent a few minutes trying to make this into a sandwich before giving up.
So I just went with the messy plate and a fork. Dipped my bread into the yolk.
Also I realized when I made this that natural light is the BOMB. I do most of my cooking at night, so I’ve been using the light over my stovetop to help light my kitchen. It’s just not the same as the sun.
Anyway, Happy Cooking!