So I’ve been busy. And it looks like I’m going to be busy in the next few weeks too.
So instead of a long post, explaining a recipe, here is what I’ve been cooking with a link to the original recipe! I will also rate the recipe’s difficulty level, since that is kinda why I started this blog in the first place (to keep notes on my favorite recipes so I can eventually make them again).
- My First Steak! I roasted the veggies, cooked the potato, and seared and baked my steak. It was a little overdone to my taste (I like my steaks as a pink medium) but it was edible! Woohoo! (Probably a 3/5 if you have never cooked steak before)
- Spinach Soup with Homemade Croutons. Needed a good soup pot, a blender and the oven, so I’d give it a 2/5 (Not super easy but not complicated) The croutons were outstanding though!! I also think you could either use coconut milk (instead of cream) or add some roasted garlic in the blender to add some depth to it.
- Shrimp Scampi with Garlic Bread. This is my favorite version of Shrimp Scampi. The butter and wine sauce with a TON of red pepper flakes = Happy Sarah. 2/5 since cleaning the shrimp takes a while.
- Pi Day Mini Apple Pies! First “Pie” I have ever made, and I thought they turned out great. I also decorated for the occasion 🙂 4/5 in difficulty though, a bit complex.
- And finally, my lazy weeknight meal, of spaghetti and meatballs, featuring store bought frozen meatballs and sauce, with about to go bad veggies! Turned out pretty good for something I threw together in 30 minutes.
I think this menu update might be my new ‘thing’ during busy weeks.
In other news:
– Weather has drastically changed in Indy. From this:
The sudden shift in temperature is much appreciated on the outdoor runs though, so thanks Indy?
Since my last post, I hit my max long run at 8 miles. Hopefully it will be building more in the coming months as the Mini approaches.
– Change my Facebook profile picture. Major life event there. It is a pretty good selfie though 🙂
– I still rock at 2048
– And I’ll end with a new view of Downtown Indy, from a trail that I’ve started running on (The Monon, it runs from Carmel all the way to Downtown.)
I’ll try and update soon but no promises!