So It’s been a while.
Since my last post, Easter has come and gone, I’m this close to turning in my grad school application and the Mini-Marathon is two weeks from today. Also, the Blackhawks are in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, so I’m pretty happy. So here’s what’s been going on:
- I’ve made some Pesto Pasta with red peppers and andouille sausage:
- A Goat Cheese appetizer from A Couple Cooks (on Easter!),
- With a Fancy Steak Dinner!
Finally cooked correctly this time, to a delicious medium.
1) I took out my steak and let it come to room temperature. Then I seasoned it with coarse sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
2) Then I heated up my cast iron skillet at 450 in the oven for 20 minutes
3) I took it out of the oven (make sure to put on oven mitts!) and put it on the stove top over high heat.
4) Add the steak and sear for about a minute or two. Then flip over and put back into the 450 oven.
5) Then let it cook for 6-7 minutes for medium. (8 – 10 for medium well)
- I’ve also made a quick version of red beans and rice.
- So it’s technically 1-1 now, but Hawks are on their way to the Stanley Cup! Game 3 is pretty important.
- I went to see Walk the Moon and they are FANTASTIC! I’m sooo happy that everyone knows them now (From Shut Up and Dance With Me).
- I’ve also run through a downpour. It actually helped my breathing. So I’d now recommend running through the rain!
- Game of Thrones is back! Drank some wine to celebrate.
- I got a new fancy fitbit! It has heart rate monitoring, which I think is pretty great.
- And lastly, I now have plants! It’ll be fun trying to keep them alive over the coming months.
- SpaceX is so close to getting a reusable rocket.
It tipped over right after this vine. Apparently it had too much lateral velocity on landing. The day this works, rockets will get sooooo much cheaper. Maybe they’ll (NASA) put up a new space station because the cost is reduced XD. All while SpaceX works on Mars exploration.